Live worship begins on June 14!
Sunday, June 14 at 9:30 AMThe re-entry team, chaired by Kevin Meyer, has established a timeline and guidelines for our return to worshiping together. We are embracing a “Worship Only” approach for the initial phase. Worship in our church building will start on June 14 at 9:30 AM. This is subject to change if need be. (Wilson Ave. doors only, to open at 9:10 AM).
What does this mean?It means that for the entire first phase of our return (the first month) the facility would be used exclusively for worship, both FRC and La Casa. Staff could work during the week, but only be in the office areas. All non-worship gatherings would be postponed until further notice. We will keep this as fluid as possible with regular updates as we take our cue from the medical community regarding the virus spread in West Michigan.
This is the current list of guidelines being implemented for our worship time:
- Nursery will NOT be available. No “Children in Worship” program nor educational classes of any kind for the time being.
- NO COFFEE TIME OR FELLOWSHIP FOLLOWING WORSHIP.
- No friendship registers, hymnals or Bibles will be available.
- Offering collection baskets will be available in the Narthex only.
- Masks will be required to attend worship. Church will provide a mask if you forget yours. THIS WILL NOT BE OPTIONAL, SO BRING YOUR MASKS. Congregational singing and speaking will be eliminated for the time being.
- Elders will greet and direct you to your seats. You will not likely get your regular seat. Every other pew will be closed. We will seat from the front to the back (6 feet between family groups) and exit in the reverse order. You will be encouraged to sit immediately upon entering the church, and leave the building immediately after worship.
- No paper bulletins provided.
- Hand sanitizers will be available in abundance.
- .Only the Wilson Avenue doors will be open for entry (The Main Entrance and the Portico entrance which provides access to the elevator if needed).
- We will have overflow seating in the gym with a video feed if our numbers are larger than our restrictions in the sanctuary.
- The balcony will be closed.
This is really good news, in spite of the restrictions. Our guidelines will be fluid and updated regularly as we ease into this new normal. We think the above guidelines will be in place at least one month. If you are uncomfortable with returning on the June 14 date, please know that our service will be available live stream, and online as has always been the case.
Hope to see you on June 14!